Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Once in a Blue Moon

late this afternoon, 5:45pm
A rainbow had the whole bus excited, pressed to the left side window, taking photos on our phones. A communal joy in witnessing and capturing a rare natural splendor.

There was something very prophetic in the atmosphere, something revelatory, the kind of moody air where i imagined if ever there was a loud voice to come booming from the clouds, or a bird to crash into my window with a message in its mouth, this would be it. the sky was dark when i awoke, despite the arrival and passing of dawn, and it rained half the morning while at work. it had this earth-quenching effect, after this endless string of sunny days, i could feel the rain was sorely needed, a sort of universal thirst had taken hold, and was being sated. and so it rained and rained and the sky had that seasoned edge to it, after a storm, low powerful clouds, thick and lined dark grey at the bottom, and like a Wong Kar Wai film shot in mostly a blue hue, the day had taken on this surreal and painterly charge. the sky felt weighty with implied importance, like the last verse of a poem. i guess it was the final chapter of the day, before evening sets in.

Now it's night, and in my window I see the moody drift of clouds passing over the light of the moon. My room is a theater of the Moon- I watch her rise over the horizon, lifting higher and higher, til the highest corner of my window. All from my desk, as I surf the internet, contemplate my next steps, I watch the Moon's gliding steps upwards, a direction I hope I can follow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

glad to have you back GatoGatoGirl